Source: Denver LDS employment center 9/18/2014 – meljr
Duties of an LDS Ward Employment Specialist
|Study and Learn
- Receive initial training from the Stake Employment Specialist.
- Learn and understand the Ward Employment Process
- Attend ongoing training meetings and Stake Employment Nights, as established by the Stake Employment Specialist.
- Devote 4-6 hours a week to master:
- Resume writing
- Job Search Skills to include social media
- Periodically review available articles on ldsjobs.org
|Teach and Apply
- Teach job skills to ward members as requested by:
- Relief Society leaders
- Priesthood leaders
- YM/YW leaders
- Individual job seekers
- Provide 5th Sunday and fireside presentations as requested.
|Know and utilize resources
- Ward Resources:
- Individual members
- Priesthood and Relief Society committees
- Ward Bulletins
- Ward Council
- Stake Employment Nights
- Stake Employment Specialist
- Stake Job Listings
- Stake job fairs and workshops
- Work Force Centers
- Small Business Administration
- Community welfare organizations
- Local employers
- One on one Counseling
- Stake Resources:
- Community Resources:
- Regional Resources:
|Know All Ward Employment Needs
- Conduct periodic Needs Survey to determine ward employment, education and training needs
- Work with priesthood quorums, Relief Society and YM/YW to determine the needs within their specific organizations
- Maintain updated employment status and notes for all members on ldsjobs.org
- Work with ward leaders to identify and remove barriers that prevent members from identifying their employment needs.
|Resource to Ward Council
- Attend Ward councils
- Be prepared to provide input on:
- Education and training
- Job market to include self-employment, etc.
- Survey results and identified needs.
- Report on status and progress of unemployed and underemployed in the ward (use ldsjobs.org content).
- Assist all members in creating and updating their ldsjobs.org profile
- Update the current status weekly of those registered on ldsjobs.org.
- Add notes detailing members status, progress, and next steps on ldsjobs.org
- Train ward leaders on functionality and use of ldsjobs.org